Saturday, November 14, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #641 The Wife's Story by Janet S. Tiger Nov. 14, 2015

           

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 600!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #641 The Wife's Story by Janet S. Tiger  Nov. 14, 2015

                   
                                           by Janet S. Tiger 
                                     (c) 2015 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1gmail.com


       (In her 40s, the attractive woman comes to the front of the meeting,  She is a little embarrassed to speak)

Just like a few of you, this is my first meeting......and I don't even know why I'm here, I don't have any problems I know of......

        (Her daughter and some of the others laugh)

All right, my daughter has....what's the polite term.....roped me in.....I mean.....encouraged me to come here tonight.....

        (Listens)

Who am I?  That's easy........I'm the wife of a doctor.....but don't hate me for that!  He's a good man, maybe after listening here, I can see that, maybe ......he's a big of a chauvinist....

       (Her  daughter laughs very loudly at this)

But I met him in high school, and we've been together since then, I dropped out of college so that I could support our family while he got his medical degree, and I still support him by taking care of the house and our family......  (Thinks)  Wow, I suppose that sounds.....like maybe, I have subjugated myself....but I have my interests, and I do what I want.....

       (Her daughter calls out and her mother nods)

All right!  I get it!  Maybe I do need this group, maybe it's time to find something for myself!  But I have everything a woman could ask for!  A wonderful man, a beautiful home, great children.....

       (She points at her daughter)

Most of the time!  So why am I even here?  I mean, what else could I possibly ask for in this life.......

        (She thinks, realizing)

Except maybe.....when someone asks who I am.....I don't answer.....'the wife'...

        (She nods and slowly sits as the group applauds.  Blackout)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like this monologue?  
I have a collection for seniors available now -dozens of monologues that are proven successes onstage - from Kennedy Center to Burma. Be a winner in your next audition/showcase/class.

Thanks for supporting the theater - and those who write for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: