Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #638 Fatty by Janet S. Tiger Nov. 11, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 600!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #638 Fatty by Janet S. Tiger  Nov. 11, 2015
 
                                        Fatty
                                           by Janet S. Tiger 
                                     (c) 2015 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1gmail.com

        (The young black woman who comes forward is very large, and is holding a baby.  She hands the baby to another woman and puts her hands on her hips. She is dressed in clothing of the 70s)

This is my first NOW meeting, and I had to take two buses to get here, so I think it might be my last meeting, too.  

Why did I come?  I'm not sure.  All I know is, I hope life is gonna be better for my little girl than it's been for me.

You want me to tell a little bit about my history, well, that's funny, because history is how I got here.  I never liked history in school, I mean, none of the books had any black faces in them, except for the part about slavery.  That's where I saw my friends and family......my teacher was named Mr. Jefferson, I had him in 9th grade.....and he had me.

That's where my baby's history starts......Mr. Jefferson said I would need to get better grades in history if I wanted to go to college, and I did.....then.....and he told me he could tutor me....help me.....just like President Jefferson helped his black ladies.......so here I am, 19, fat as a house.....with a two year old who's never met her daddy, and no college degree, because I never finished high school.   Fatty Patty, that's what they called me.....when Mr. Jefferson finished his ....'tutoring'.......

So now....all I'm good for is picking up my welfare check....and eating.  .I'm really good at eating.  Everyone can see that.  Oh, and taking care of my baby girl......she's smart, I know she's gonna do better than me........you know how I know....'cause she's a picky eater.......and picky eaters are picky about everything, and I'm not gonna let her take history class with nobody that's gonna hurt her.......because.....maybe....(she chokes up a little)......my baby will change this history.....

          (Spotlight on her face, then blackout)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: