Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #630 Florence and the Time Machines by Janet S. Tiger Nov. 3, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     for a
 list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 600!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #630 Florence and the Time Machine by Janet S. Tiger  Nov. 3, 2015

 
                     Florence and the Time Machines 
                                         
                                           by Janet S. Tiger 
                                     (c) 2015 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1gmail.com
               
          (The older woman comes onstage with a featherduster, and starts to dust.)

Ooh, this is so exciting!  No one has ever done an article on me...not one in the newspaper, but certainly not one that will be seen all over the Internet!  Yes, this is the room where I keep them all.....They do take a lot of dusting, but now that the children are all grown and gone, I can be here as much as I want......

             (She indicates with the duster)

That was my very first, my mother got it for me when I was a little girl.....my mother named me Florence because she hoped I'd be a nurse, you know like ....Florence Nightingale.  But I fainted at the sight of blood, it was my sister who became the nurse, and I, I didn't.  

Yes, this one, the one my mother gave to me.....it's a little bit raggedy because of its age, and how I treated it less than kindly when I was a child!  But it started me on the saving path.......

       (Listens)

Yes, I've heard of that group.....since we have the same name, and it's so unusual, but I have no musical ability at all.....

I am a collector...that's what I do.  I collect.  When I realized I had absolutely no talent for things musical, medical, literary or for that matter, anything at all, So, I decided to do what I LIKED to do, and that was .....to collect.  I think that the world would be a much happier place if every person could find one thing they really like to do, and then do it.  No matter what.

          (Listens, looks around, thinking)

One thousand, two hundred, twenty six and counting......and each one has a story...If you'd like, I can share them with you....

          (Listens)

What an idea!  That would be a perfect title for your article - Florence and Her Time Machines!  How much more interesting than just clocks!

         (Listens)

Why clocks?  

Why save clocks?  I thought it would be obvious!

         (She turns to leave, stops looks back)

I save clocks because ......I want more time!  

        (She exits ....maybe to another dimension?)


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those who are not familiar with Florence and the Machine, you probably know her music because it's been in many movies and TV shows (Cosmic Love)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like this monologue?  
I have a collection for seniors available now -dozens of monologues that are proven successes onstage - from Kennedy Center to Burma. Be a winner in your next audition/showcase/class.

Thanks for supporting the theater - and those who write for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: