Friday, November 6, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #633 A Matter of Taste by Janet S. Tiger Nov. 6, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.


If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 600!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #633 by Janet S. Tiger  Nov. 6, 2015

 
                                                 A Matter of Taste
                                         
                                           by Janet S. Tiger 
                                     (c) 2015 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1gmail.com

        (This is a lively man, a man who is always in motion.  Not young, but not old, bubbly but not crazy, he is happy, sweeping onto the stage)

We are very busy, very busy!  It is the busiest day of the year for the costume business!  The day before Halloween!  Hurry everyone!  We are going to beat all our sales records....

        (He sees a person coming, smiles)

Yes, how can we help you?

       (Listens, tries not to laugh)

Oh, no, there is no way that we could have that ready by tomorrow!  It is PHYSICALLY impossible!  And I realize that you want to have these costumes and perhaps if you had come in just a little sooner...I appreciate your business, my dear, but there is no way on heaven or earth....

       (Listens, shakes head)

I'm sorry, I just don't have time to taste anything right now, you can see how busy we are....

       (Indicates the surrounding crazy)

And I truly understand how you want the costumes and your desserts to match but....

        (Shaking head)

Please, I cannot try it now....

         (Getting more annoyed)

(Very strong)  You look like a nice person, and I see you have a dilemma, but you cannot think that bringing in some piece of chocolate will make me stop everything I am doing just to help you!  Now, please excuse me, I am busy!

        (He tries to evade, but cannot get away)

Oh.....I am a bit hungry, but that's only because I haven't eaten since breakfast and that was HOURS ago......all right, just one bite.....that's all....it does look good....and smells good......

        (He takes a small bite, very reluctantly)

Oh, my God.......

         (He almost writhes in ecstasy)

Oh, my God!!!!!

         (He savors the bite, slowly, exquisitely, enjoying every bit)

This is like....ooooh...it's like.....public sex!  Without the getting arrested part!

          (He eats the rest quickly, making noises of extreme pleasure, wiping his face afterwards)

Ah, there's even an afterglow!  And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how we started, the rest is history.....I invested and together, we have become the newest dessert company to have our own IPO!
Thank you!

          (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

The moral - always take a bite!  It could just be.....the next big nibble!

          (He exits, we hear 'mmmmmm' as he relives the taste of success)
     

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like this monologue?  
I have a collection for seniors available now -dozens of monologues that are proven successes onstage - from Kennedy Center to Burma. Be a winner in your next audition/showcase/class.

Thanks for supporting the theater - and those who write for it!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: