Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1435 Something Small, That's All by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 18, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1435!  To look at the other 1434 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1435 Something Small, That's All by Janet S. Tiger (c) Jan. 18, 2018   
                                   Something Small, That's All
                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                             ©  all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

          (Actress enters, writing)
       
It might seem like something small

 and for others it's not something important at all 

But today I read the paper all the way through 

it may not seem like much to you

But it's a very rare and unusual day

When I actually get to have my way

And do something I want to do

Like having enough time for my breakfast too

How does it feel the sensation oh shucks

I have to say like a million bucks

To take a walk and not be in a rush
 and have time to figure out what rhymes with hush

To sit in the sun to be nice and warm
 for a moment to be out of the storm

of all the things I have to do

 no I really think that you

Have no idea what this means to me

But maybe just maybe one day you'll see

when you are busy morn to night

When every day you have to fight 

for just a few minutes to yourself for your soul

I hope that one day you too..... will reach that goal

       (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

I wrote this poem last Sunday morn

As I penned this little yarn

The phone rang....it was my dad

And.....he'd fallen down bad

So I was happy, yes I was glad....

For the few moments of quiet I had had

And raced to help him, thank God he's ok now

But I'm so tired, can't recall how

To end a poem with some semblance of rhyme.....

I guess I'll have to wait...until I have a little more time

        (Exits, still editing - because Dad is better, thank God, and I have a minute to write this.  Note to all - please don't fall!)
---------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: