Monday, May 29, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1201 All the Same by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 29, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1201 All the Same by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 29, 2017  

                                              All the Same
                                             a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017

         (Actor enters, looks around)
       
If it's all the same with you......but is it?  Is it all the same?  Do you notice every day is different - or has it become ....all the same.

How do I know what is real?  I mean, I woke up this morning after driving 16 hours - and now I'm in another state.  But I can see my home out the window.

They took me to a motel, but the amazing thing is.....the furniture looks a lot like my own living room.

Or does it?

It's not the living room I grew up in......but is it the same as yesterday's room?  It's confusing.

I have a friend who calls me every day.  This is a friend I know for a long time.....I think.  But sometimes, I can't remember his name.  

Or where we met.  He still remembers.  I think.

When I got upset about being in a different state, my children came over.....and they crawled through the window.  Same as when they were little.

And gave me a pill, and now I feel better.

I know I'm home, not far away.  Same home I've lived in for thirty years.

Same furniture, no one crawling through the chimney like Santa Claus.

I was in a different state though......the state of confusion....or was it the state of delusion?

       (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Same place I was ......last time I forgot my pills.

       (Exits)

------------------------------------
Note to readers - some readers (you know who you are!) have noted that I have resorted to using the same monologue more than once  - I  prefer to think of it as bringing back favorites (like I did for this Memorial Day weekend), but do not want to quibble.  Just wanted to point out that out of 1201 days, I have also posted over 30 one-acts - between 3-10 pages each.  So - if I count each one-act as at least two monologues - am still being fair in my count!    And for those who want to discuss (argue?) that some of the monologues are the same....please see monologue above for my response.......And thank you all for reading!
------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8