Monday, May 22, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1194 Misst (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 22, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1194 Misst  (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 22, 2017  

                                                    Misst
                                            (for Caregivers Anonymous)
                                             a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017


         (Woman stands to address the group)

Interesting question - Now that we're caregivers, what do we miss the most?

That one is tough for me - I miss so many things!  Like not being on a pill schedule!.....

         (The others laugh and agree)

Or not being worried when the phone rings......going to the bathroom and being able to close the door - because with the door closed I can't hear if someone is falling down!

But if I have to pick one thing I miss the most, it would have to be............wasting time.

         (Listens, waves it away)

No way is coming here a waste of time!  We have a schedule, and we help each other, nah, definitely not a waste!

Wasting time is something for the young, and those without obligation....  And the only reason I remember it at all is that last week, a few friends took me out, while one stayed with my mother.  And I didn't have to be home by a certain time....no curfew!

And we went to the movies, and sat outside at a gelato place that is open until two in the morning, It was warm, then it got a little cool, and foggy, and mystical.....and just plain silly!....and we laughed and talked, and laughed some more......and suddenly the place was closing.  And if you ask me, I couldn't tell you what we talked about.....or laughed about.  Shooting the breeze - shootin' off our mouths......just wasting time....I remember those days fondly.....

And that is what is missed the most for me.....but maybe I should say....mist....M-I-S-S -T -like in the foggy stuff.....

         (She sits as the others applaud)

        
------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: