Thursday, May 18, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1190 The Test by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 18, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1190 The Test by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 18, 2017  
  

                                
 The Test   
                      by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2014 all rights reserved
                                tigerteam1@gmail.com

          (A young man comes into the room, he is verrrry jjjjjjjjumpy, incredibly so!  He paces, mutters, runs his hands through his hair, sighs deeply, then drops on his knees to the floor, lifting his hands over his head.)

(In anguish, almost an English accent)  Oh, God, why have you forsaken me!

            (Thinks)

Or is it...forsooken?  Forsook?

            (Thinks again, just in as much anguish)

No, it's forsaken, oh, God, why have you forsaken me!

I know I am not worthy, but why this torture?  Why now?  I mean, I knew it was coming, but now that the noose is 'round my neck, and I can feel the hangman close, I cry out to you, spare me!

I will do better!  I will work harder!  I will not fail you as I have in the past!

            (There is a sound and he hears, shudders)

It is my time, I know.  I will try to bear it as a man, though I am still but a boy.

Why is it my lot to face these horrors?  Why me, oh God?

Is there nothing I could have done to avoid this?

No trick, no scheme, no legitimate way?

I promise on my word of honor, that if you will excuse me this day, that I will devote my service to you forever!  (Deep conviction)  I....swear!

            (He quiets a bit, turns to the door, hangs his head.)

I am not, but I am, ready.....

            (He hangs his head, then turns back one last time, almost shrieking)

Oh, please, God!  Let me not have to…….(normal, sad voice)  take this biology test.

            (He shakes his fist and runs out.  The end - but unfortunately, not the end of tests!)
---------------------------------------------
 For all the students facing finals this week - good luck!
                                                       
First posted Mar. 15, 2014 Day #31 Monologue Mania 
----------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: