Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1188 Break Dancing with Reality.by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 16, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1188 Break Dancing with Reality.by Janet S. Tiger (c) May 16, 2017  

             
                          Break Dancing With Reality
                                                a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017

           (Younger person enters, wearing earphones, dancing to them, even break-dancing then jumping up and looking at the audience still  bouncing to the music.)

Whoa!  Are you people out there, real?  I mean, I see you, do you see me?  

They told me I had a break with reality, but hey, reality is a bitch sometimes, right?

It's like if you wanna dance with reality, you gotta be ready for a change in the music, and then the lights start going crazy and it's hard to stand up straight.....

           (Falls down and spins, then pops up)

So.....tell me......if I can ......break dance with reality, maybe I have a chance?  Clap if you can see me!

Go ahead....clap!

           (Spins again, stops, gets up)

Thank you......I guess I am real....

           (Bounces out to the music- which we never hear)
----------------------------------------------

For those with mental illness, a break with reality is often a symptom - for more info, please see https://namisandiego.org/
----------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: