Saturday, June 24, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1227 Vacation Daze (for Caregivers Anonymous - and mine below) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 24, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1220!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1227 Vacation Daze (for Caregivers Anonymous - and mine below) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 24, 2017 
          
       This was originally posted on Day #476  by Janet S. Tiger  June 3, 2015
My Vacation Daze is below this - because, for once, I am on vacation!

                        
  Vacation Daze
                                           (for  Caregivers Anonymous)

                              A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                       tigerteam1@gmail.com


              (The woman who now takes the wheelchair is laughing)


I don't have a lot to say this week, but I do have a question.  One I've had a few minutes to think about during the time spent waiting for doctors.

Why is everyone so upset at the thought of being abducted by aliens?  I for one, am looking forward to it - it might be the only vacation I get!

So I have put a sign on my front porch that I hope they can see, and it says, 'Here I Am - Come and Get Me!'

       (She gets out of the chair, looks back)

So far, no luck......but I keep hoping!

        (The others applaud as she sits)

---------------------------------------------
Vacation Daze - my own!  To let my faithful readers know that today, tomorrow and Monday will probably have re-runs, and to give a slight explanation.  (For those wondering, no, the aliens did not get me.....at least I don't think so)

For so long, I have been so busy, that now that I actually have a couple of days off, I am not sure what to do with them!

So will I waste my whole day on wondering what to do?

Or will I go to the beach?

Or sleep?

Or write something I want to write?  It takes me a moment to actually realize I can devote my entire day to ....me.  It brings back memories of other vacations, so that I can savor them while I savor my time now.

The first vacation I remember set the tone for my life view of vacation - vacation is a great thing.  After a car trip that took a year or two (I was five or six so the two hours seemed liked that - are we there yet?)  We stayed  at the Campbell Inn, and I remember the bug zapper that killed the mosquitos and other flying insects every night on the porch.

The river where Ronny (an older man of ten) took me rowing while my father ran on the shore waving and yelling for us to come back.

The pool where I learned to swim.  The meals and the differentness of it all.

True, maybe there were annoyances - my father left my sister's suitcase at home, the ride was ten years long (it always expands in the telling) always issues - but overall, nothing compares to the first view of the room, the experiences, the new people...the memories.

And then the safety of the return home. (which was a million years long, but so nice to be home!)

The vacation -what an amazing invention!  

To do the new......maybe that's why I'm still doing these monologues....it is my tiny moment of vacation in often long days.....thank you all for coming along on the trip.........


----------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8