Sunday, June 4, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1207 Swimming Through Acid by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 4, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1207 Swimming Through Acid by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 4, 2017  

                                 Swimming Through Acid    (c)
                                        by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1@gmail.com

      (Teenage girl enters, swimming motion with her arms)

Some days, it feels as if I'm just swimming through acid.

I want to hurt myself, I want to feel pain, I want others to hurt me, to feel pain.

I live for pain.  I feel like the acid is eating away at me, at my body, at my soul.  How can I keep up like this?  I hate the meds I take, I hate the doctors, and the hospital.  And most of all, I hate this swimming.  Will I ever get to shore?

       (Looks at the audience)

Am I still in the nightmare?

Is this the end?  Or the beginning?  Oops. gotta go......

      (Swims off, looks back)

A shark has to keep moving or it dies......in the acid.

      (She exits into the dark)
      
----------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8