Thursday, June 8, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1211 Did You Miss Me? by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 8, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1211 Did You Miss Me?  by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 8, 2017  


For those who thought there was a missing day - there wasn't one.  Not really, because I used the two monologues from previous Memorial Days to cover two days - June 6 and June 7.  Of course, I edited a bit, and if you are picky (as some of you dear readers are) you also noticed that June 5 was more than a monologue - an entire scene for an upcoming Caregivers Anonymous episode.

Which brings me back to missing.

I think the woman involved in my next monologue can help, so without further ado, 

                                                 Did You Miss Me?
                                               by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017

         (A man enters, smiling)

My father told me about a lady who would cause me big problems.  And no, she's not married, she's definitely a....Miss.

Who is she?  Someone who causes untold trouble.  Problems that can make for arguments, fights, divorces, and even....hate to say it, but even wars!

Who is this?  You know her, and she is everywhere.  Maybe even now - if I'm not clear enough.  Because her name is legion, but it's not, it's the ever present, often incomprehensible....
drumroll please......the star of this monologue......
 Miss Communication!

You heard me....or maybe not.  But this is not a Ms......this is a Miss - not as good as a mile, although sometimes the gap in understanding is huge.  Miss Communication is someone at every meeting, every convention, every online blog, every book, every newspaper.  Every person who speaks is an acquaintance - every preacher, every teacher, why.......I know her well myself, as I have been married for .....(clears throat).....years and she is the third person in our menage a trois - a dear friend of my children, and now, a spirited contact with my parents.

So I give you the words of my father on how to deal with this Miss.......don't try to fight with her, just take a deep breath and laugh it off.  Because sooner or later, we all dance with this Miss.

          (He dances off)
----------------------------------------------------------
Note -  If you did not understand this monologue, maybe Miss Communication should be listed as co-author!
-----------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: