Sunday, June 11, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1214 Lament of Lightning Lass by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 11, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1214 Lament of Lightning Lass by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 11, 2017  

                                             The Lament of Lightning Lass 
                                              a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                     (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017
                                                         tigerteam1@gmail.com


         (Beautiful.  The actress who enters is beautiful, very.  But her one fault is that she is in her 30s now, and she knows it, and she is very angry.)

I still have it!  I know I do.  I am still perfect!  I work out for seventy hours a week!  I run marathons! I take pilates!  I give blood!  I could have done this part!  I loved Lightning Lass from when I was a little girl!  I have been practicing her special electric moves for years!

          (She illustrates by taking a stance and aiming her forefinger at a distant object)

The way it's done is in the mind!  Lightning Lass was struck by lightning when she was only a baby, so she can funnel the energy of any storm anywhere in the world into lightning bolts that can...

ZZZZZZZAP! the enemy!

          (She wiggles and shakes as if electricity was surging through her.)

It's called acting!  And personality!  And talent and whatever you want to call it!  

          (Suddenly her shoulders slump and she shakes her head)

But they didn't want me.....they said I was......(sighs heavily)...TOO OLD!

And then I looked in the mirror, and there they were....two wrinkles!  I'm finished!  I am washed up like old jeans!

        (Turns to leave, stops, looks back, brightens up)

Maybe now they'll let me audition for......Granny Goose! 

       
(She walks off crumbling in a noisy way)

--------------------------------------------

To Irene -thanks for the name of Lightning Lass!
--------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8