Friday, June 2, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1205 LOUD! (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 2, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1205 Loud! (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 2, 2017  

                                                       LOUD!
                                               a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017


         (Actor is heard yelling, enters loudly)

(very loud)  HELLO!  HELLO!  I NEVER THOUGHT I'D BE ABLE TO COME TONIGHT, IT TOOK FOREVER TO GET DADDY TO SLEEP!

         (Listens, quiets a bit)

Sorry, I forget how loud I get, but my father will not get hearing aids!  And after a day, it just gets SO'S I DON'T NOTICE ANYMORE....

          (Listens, nods)

Oops!  I guess it's just a bad habit......I tried taking him to the VA for hearings, but we had to wait for hours, and HE JUST HATES WAITING!!

(Deep breath)  I've been doing yoga.....no need to talk in yoga!  And I figure that it helps my voice calm down a bit......

          (Waves hands)

Ooh, maybe it DOESN'T fix it, but at least I try.....Loud.  My father always lived his life loud.....he loved to sing loud, it was embarrassing when I was kid!   And he always talked too loud when he came to school, to see the teacher.  That was horrifying!  Now.....he can barely speak, but since he can't hear, I HAVE TO TALK LOUD!.....Funny, I always have tried to be quiet.  Now, I have to yell for him to hear me.....and it is spreading into my whole life......the other day, I yelled at my boss......then I pretended it was because of my father, but.....it wasn't!  I knew I was loud.....I did it....on purpose.......and I got what I wanted, extra time off to take care of my fahter....., and my next yell will be for a raise......

      (Smiles, nods)

Sometimes when I'm shouting, I see him smile, like he's happy I'm yelling, like maybe, finally,  I'm waking up ......that's when I think of Dylan Thomas, that's who he named me after......
(very loud)  Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light!

       (Turns to go to a seat, stops, looks back)


Okay, NOW I'll be quiet.

        (The others laugh, lights down)
----------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8