Thursday, June 1, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1204 I Forgot by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 1, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1204 I Forgot by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 1, 2017  

                     

                                                        I Forgot 
                                               a monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                (c) all rights reserved (c) 2017

           (Actress enters, she is deep in thought)

I know I'm forgetting something.  What is it?

           (Thinks, remembers)

My daughter remembers something I told her from 15 years ago - something I said that was mean, that I knew was awful as soon as it left my lips.  If I could have sucked those words in, I would have, but no, they are stuck in her mind.

          (Shakes head)

That's not what I forgot.  What I want to remember, I can't, but what I told my daughter fifteen years ago.....THAT I can't forget ......(sighs) These are the things I remember!  Things I would rather forget.......I think, I had to go someplace......but...so hazy......now my husband said something mean to me last week - and I cannot forgive or forget yet, so I bring it up whenever I am mad at him.   

Today when I brought up his words - which, in a few months, he will not remember - I thought, I sound like my daughter! She brings up what upset her from years ago, and I bring up what upset me from before......how amazing!  ........(Truly puzzled)..... I wonder where she got it from......

          (She turns to leave, stops, looks at her watch)

I remember!  I forgot to take my memory test!

----------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8