Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1670 Not Again (for Celebrity) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 12, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1669  To look at the other 1668 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  four year Feb. 14, 2017 today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1670 Not Again by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 12,  2018




This monologue below will be part of CELEBRITY - other posts Day # 229,   281here ,   364  ,1669 and today, 1670.

Warning, strong language

                               Not Again

                                                 by Janet S. Tiger
                            (c) all rights reserved  2018  tigerteam1@gmail.co
(This is the beautiful young woman Monte is grooming to be a new star.  And she is boiling mad, and her Southern accent is strong)


No, not again!  I am through for tonight!  And you know what you can do?  Shut the fuck up!  I don't like using language like that - but it's your language, so it's probably the only thing you understand!

And as for what we're doing, who do you think you are?  What the hell do you think we're doing here?  It ain't brain surgery!  You ain't no head of the residents!  Nobody dies if I say somethin' wrong!  This is rehearsal!  And when I go out in public to do these stupid interviews, you may be there with me behind the scenes, but it is my face, my ASS- on those screens!  So you can just go fuck yourself because I am goin' to bed so when they do talk to me, I will be rested!  I will be ready for their shit, because I ain't puttin' up with yours anymore!

          (She grabs her purse and goes to leave.  Monte is watching, and laughs,so she stops)

MONTE- That was good, you held the accent through the whole thing.  That's very important.

MARCI - (Grudging but appreciative) - Thank you.


MONTE -  But if you are storming out of a room, have your purse with you - it makes a better exit.

MARCI -  Is everythin' you do planned?  I mean even your arguments?

MONTE -  This is the business we're in - everything is planned- if you remember that, you have a chance, my dear, a very small chance of success.  Now, if you put down the purse, we can do this a few more times - using some of that energy you just showed.

           (She takes a deep breath and considers his suggestion.  Then slowly, she puts down the purse)

MONTE -  Smart girl.  Now.....(smoothly, almost like the devil).....again.

            (She notes the new tone of respect in his voice and shakes her head, then becomes the interviewee)

MARCI -  (Very sincere)  Thank you for that lovely introduction.......

             (End of scene)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


            

No comments: