Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1678 Return (from THE END OF DEATH) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 20, 201

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1677  To look at the other 1676 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  four year Feb. 14, 2017 today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1678 Return   (from THE END OF DEATH) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 20,  2018

            This is designed to end the evening of a collection of one-acts or monologues.
            
                                                        Return
                                                  (from THE END OF DEATH)
                                                                    by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                              (c)  2018    all rights reserved

                                                                  tigerteam1@gmail.com

              (This is a visitor from the future, dressed to fit the part)


VISITOR -  Thank you for coming tonight.  I have just one last thing to say before I leave.

First, I am going to ask you to close your eyes as we dim the lights to absolute darkness.  It's a good thing I have this memorized, eh? 

(It is very important that the theater now be as dark as possible for this.  There can be total silence – or music if that works.  The important issue is complete darkness)

Anyhow, in the darkness I want you to think about this moment in time.  No other moments, just this one.  I want you to concentrate on the person next to you, and behind you and how you feel at this very instant.

Because one day far in the future, thousands, maybe even millions of years from now, you will be alive, and you will come to this moment again. 


And when you do, you will remember this moment right now, and you will wonder where you have seen it before.  And that is future view – not to be confused with déjà vu, which it often is.  This is time travel and I thank you for sharing it with me.  You see I was here a long time ago, and tonight I return, just as you will one day return.  (Pauses)  And so my new friends, good night – until we meet again......


            (Lights come back up to an empty stage)

----------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: