Sunday, June 10, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1576 Florence and the Time Machines by Janet S. Tiger (c) June 10, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1576!  To look at the other 1575 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  four year Feb. 14, 2017 today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1576 by Janet S. Tiger (c) June  10, 2018         
With apologies to the original Florence (click here)
 
                           Florence and the Time Machines 
                                         
                                           by Janet S. Tiger 
                                     (c) 2015 all rights reserved 
                                                    tigerteam1gmail.com
             
          (The older woman comes onstage with a featherduster, and starts to dust.)

Ooh, this is so exciting!  No one has ever done an article on me...not one in the newspaper, but certainly not one that will be seen all over the Internet!  Yes, this is the room where I keep them all.....They do take a lot of dusting, but now that the children are all grown and gone, I can be here as much as I want......

             (She indicates with the duster)

That was my very first, my mother got it for me when I was a little girl.....my mother named me Florence because she hoped I'd be a nurse, you know like ....Florence Nightingale.  But I fainted at the sight of blood, it was my sister who became the nurse, and I, I didn't.

Yes, this one, the one my mother gave to me.....it's a little bit raggedy because of its age, and how I treated it less than kindly when I was a child!  But it started me on the saving path.......

       (Listens)

Yes, I've heard of that group.....since we have the same name, and it's so unusual, but I have no musical ability at all.....

I am a collector...that's what I do.  I collect.  When I realized I had absolutely no talent for things musical, medical, literary or for that matter, anything at all, So, I decided to do what I LIKED to do, and that was .....to collect.  I think that the world would be a much happier place if every person could find one thing they really like to do, and then do it.  No matter what.

          (Listens, looks around, thinking)

One thousand, two hundred, twenty six and counting......and each one has a story...If you'd like, I can share them with you....

          (Listens)

What an idea!  That would be a perfect title for your article - Florence and Her Time Machines!  How much more interesting than just clocks!

         (Listens)

Why clocks?

Why save clocks?  I thought it would be obvious!

         (She turns to leave, stops looks back)

I save clocks because ......I want more time!

        (She exits ....maybe to another dimension?)

-------------------------------------------


Originally posted Day #630 Florence and the Time Machine by Janet S. Tiger  Nov. 3, 2015
         


-------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

  

No comments: