Saturday, November 4, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1360 My Husband is Sleeping With Jane Austen by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 4 , 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1320!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1360 My Husband is Sleeping With Jane Austen by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 4 , 2017  

                   My Husband is Sleeping With Jane Austen               
                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © All rights reserved 2017
                                                                  tigerteam1@gmail.com


            (Actress comes out - ok, it's me and maybe I just wanted an interesting title and am not sure what else to put.  Is it true?  Yes.  My husband is sleeping with Jane Austen.  He listens to books on tape, from the Braille Institute, a wonderful system.  And in order to get to sleep sometimes, he likes to listen to books that, how can it be put politely to the authors?  Books that are boring.

So he figured, for him, Jane Austen was a boring writer, perhaps a book about her might also provide the necessary boring-ness to get to sleep.

And it did.  He said that, even though he found her writing very dull, he was truly amazed at how boring her life was.  His analogy was interesting.  He said that her books were like watching paint dry, but reading about her life was like watching paint dry while sitting on a hot stove.

Horrifyingly dull, but very effective for getting to sleep.

So, I have to thank Jane for that.  I think.  As long as he can still listen to my monologues, I will not complain....too much.

Of course, my husband is now interested in actually reading one of Jane's books.  Pride and Prejudice.  I am impressed.  I have many friends who love Jane, and I have tried to read her myself.  But just her name makes me yawn.  So, my hat is off to my husband - and Jane.  Who knows, maybe if he doesn't fall asleep to Pride and Prejudice, we can try a threesome.....)

-------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


                              

No comments: