Friday, November 3, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1359 Pillaged by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 3 , 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1320!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1359 Pillaged by Janet S. Tiger (c) Nov. 3 , 2017  

                                                           Pillaged
                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © All rights reserved 2017
                                                                  tigerteam1@gmail.com

             (The actor enters, as if ushered into a large room.  Looks around, a little impressed, but not wanting to show it.  Keeps one hand in pocket)

Well, this is a lot like I expected it would be.  After all, you are a wealthy novelist, aren't you?  Yes  you are!

It was so nice of you to welcome me, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

What?  Why am I here?  I think you know.  And if you don't like the pleasantries, I suppose there's no need to say you are welcoming me is there?  You don't want me here at all! 

You let me in here because I forced my way in, didn't I?  Yes, the gun helped.

            (Indicates hand in pocket)

But the truth is, you know why I'm here.

            (Listens, laughs)

Of course you do!  You have to know!  I mean, your last book, about a fellow who is a cab driver, with a wife who looks like a parrot, and, unfortunately, sounds like one, too!

Two children, just like me!  One girl, older, with a suspicious habit of listening into conversations when she shouldn't.

A little boy, sweet, but able to pick locks!

And you say you never met me?  Ha!  That's the funniest joke for this whole situation!

Of course you must have met me!  I have no idea where.....but tonight, we'll figure it out.  Maybe while a passenger in my cab, maybe on a flight somewhere, or in an office waiting to see a doctor.  Who knows?  Who cares?  All I know is that YOU  have pillaged my life in order to write a book about me!  And you have made a fortune, and you live like a king - because of my pillaged life!

 And now, you are going to have to make it all right.

How?  You are going to give me my life back.....

          (Indicates gun in pocket)

Or I will be forced....to end yours!


            (Lights down, end of scene)

-------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


                              

No comments: