Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1314 Signs of the Times by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 19, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1300!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1314 Signs of the Times by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 19, 2017 

       Not sure where this will go, but it will be part of something bigger.



                                           Signs of the Times                                                              
                              by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved     
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com   

       (This is a man but not so young.  He is strong, and he knows it, folds his arms as he looks around, inspecting the wall.  He has a strong Brooklyn accent)

Ya got a good wall here for a sign.  Sturdy, good places to nail, good angles to view, and a great location.  They say real estate is location, location, location, but ya know, that's even more true about signs.  If ya got a sign in a closet, no good.

         (Listens, nods)

Yeah, you seen my work all over this borough, especially Fulton and Atlantic, all over Schenectady, that's my work!  You can see it for miles!

I learned makin' signs from my old man, I like to do it.....yeah, I do those fancy signs, my kids do those with the electronics.....that's not for me.  Sign of the times, they say, well, my signs are the sign of the times!  Paint, that's my way, still, it will be till the day I die - ain't never gonna retire!

       (Listens)

Yeah, I imagine you're right, because my dad told me his dad told him......all the way back, our family was the first sign painters in the Garden of Eden......Sure, we answered to the big guy, God.....

         (Turns to leave, stops, looks back, smiles, imitates a big sign)

Don't eat the apples!

          (Lights down, end of scene)
------------------------------------ 
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: