Friday, September 1, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1296 This Too Shall Pass by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 1, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1260!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1296 This Too Shall Pass by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 1, 2017                     

                                           This, Too, Shall Pass
                                               by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved     
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com
                          

          (In honor of this monologue, the actress will wear a black armband)

This too shall pass.

Yes, things pass.  Everything does.  Everyone does.  Doesn't make it any easier.

Someone I knew died.  It's been awhile, but the memorial is coming up soon.  He wasn't young, and he'd been sick, but still, there is a sadness when a life flies off this plane of existence, and you have to think about it again.

He was a special guy - although we knew each other over 35 years we only met once in person, at a memorial! A dear friend introduced us, through a play I wrote, and he called me to ask if it was all right to pass my name along to his brother and sister-in-law, as they needed a writer, and he thought I would be right for their project.

Thirty five years later, I still work with them, even though they are in their 90s now, and illness has slowed them a bit, they are more than people I work with, they are dear friends, who have shared in my life, laughed with me, and helped my family through some very difficult times.

I cried when I heard about his passing.  Crying is hard for me.  I do not like to cry.  Boys don't cry. And I am a girl who played with the boys - so I could not cry or else they would not play with a crybaby!

But I have learned to let out my feelings......it has taken time, and tears.  And today I let a few tears go for someone I met only once, but who changed my world forever.

Go with God, Stan Kallis - and rest in peace.
-----------------------

  For more info - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0436044/
And a special thank you to Lenore - who made all these wonderful connections happen!
------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

What a wonderful legacy he left.