Monday, September 11, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1306 Some Questions by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 11, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1300!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1306 Some Questions by Janet S. Tiger (c) Sept. 11, 2017 

                                                  Some Questions
                                
                                               by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved     
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com
    

After 1305 days, I think it's a good time to answer a few of the questions people have asked about the writer of this blog.  Me.  These are a few of the questions that have come up over the (many!) years -

       -How does she know if there aren't any duplicates?
       - What is wrong with her?
        -Is she on meds?  And similar to, but not exactly the same-
        -Shouldn't she be on meds?
        - Why is she still doing this?
        - How long does it take for her to write these?
         -Where do she get all these ideas?
        - How crazy is she?

And today I will definitely NOT answer all of these questions.

Some, yes.  How crazy is she?  Off the scale.

Duplicates?  Yes, they are all duplicates.  There is nothing new under the sun (see the Bible for that remark)

Is she on meds?  Of course - a regular IV of pizza, with a chocolate chaser

Shouldn't she be on meds?  Read these monologues and the answer is clear!

How long does it take to write these?  To actually write them - only a few minutes  - plus 61 years.

How crazy is she?  Oops, a duplicate.

Where does she get all these ideas?  The quickest answer would be - where DON'T I get ideas?  The answer - nowhere.  Every minute, every person, everything is a potential monologue!

A dear friend - Jonathan Dunn-Rankin (may he rest in peace!) said one year was an almost Herculean task.  Now at almost four years, I guess the interesting fact is - I still love doing them.  Every single day?  No.  But most days, definitely yes.  And the challenge is remembering that this is the one thing I do for myself, every single day.  Eating well and exercise is for the body, to keep it going so I can take care of others.  But the monologues, they are mine.  Others can watch out for my loved ones - but no one else on this planet can write what I write (unless they are stealing, hmm, what would I do about that?.....ooh, now there's an idea for another monologue!)
     
Many years ago, in high school, I broke a bone in my neck, which bothered me for years, until I found a wonderful chiropractor (now dear friend) who helped me partly with adjustments, but mostly with exercises that I do every single day to avoid neck and back pain.  They worked so well, that after the first few months, I felt so good that I stopped doing them - why continue when I felt wonderful!  Then the pain came back, and she told me this was a lifelong discipline, and so I do the work every day (especially now when my friend has moved away!)

I need my back strong - and when I decided to keep going after that first year, I decided that...I need my soul strong too.  This daily monologue helps keep my soul happy.  And, bolstered by the support and love of family and friends, I will keep going....until when?  Until.

And although this writing is initially for me - it also gives me great pleasure to offer these to anyone interested in reading and especially to actors.  Some of whom have used a monologue posted here to win a prize - or a theatrical job!

So I tell all of you readers - thank you for sharing this journey with me.

        (I turn to leave, stop, and keep writing......)

------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

So grateful that you keep them coming! I will keep reading...