Friday, August 28, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #562 Swirly by Janet S. Tiger Aug. 28, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 500!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #562 by Janet S. Tiger  Aug. 28, 2015

                                    Swirly
                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger
                                             © 2015 all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com
        
          (She comes onstage hesitantly, cleaned up, but not used to being where she is, or dressed in such clothing, all of which is newer, but not really stylish, just clean and simple.  She has one featured item that stands out - a very large purse that looks as if too many items are crammed into its enormous sections)

Thank you, your Honor, I'm fine now, I'm sorry I got sick like that and everyone had to take a break, just because a me......I guess, I'm just not used to courts like this one......

         (Listens)

Yes, I understand, your Honor, I'm still under oath.  I don't lie! 

         (Listens)

I understand.....I won't yell or nothin'.....yes I remember what I was talkin' about......how I take care of my boy.....he's a good boy......here's some things I got for him!

       (She pulls out some toys, kids stuff from her purse)

......and I been workin' hard to stay clean, I have!  It's not easy, but that program you sent me to....I mean they're real strict, but I been followin' the rules......no goin' out....no old friends......they can tell ya, I been good.....and I want my baby back.....Jody's a good kid, it's not his fault what I did, and ...I mean.....why make him pay for my mistakes?  I know he deserves a better mother, but maybe ....I dunno....he needs his mother.  Don't kids do better with their mothers?  I mean....I couldn't help how he started out.....but I'm tryin' now!  I'm his mother!  No one else can take my place!

      (Listens)

Oh, that.  That's a bad nickname, I wish my tongue had been cut out instead of givin' him that nickname......and I swear I'll never call him that again......I didn't mean it to be nasty, you know, it's just, I didn't know I was pregnant, and then, when he was born....in the bathroom, and I looked....and there he was.....I was so high, and my boyfriend said what're you gonna call it - Swirly?  I laughed.

      (She is very affected by this)

God forgive me please!  But I laughed....and that's what I called him, and you know from the records you have there, I got him to the hospital, and he was ok......but they never let me hold him after that....they just sent me off for all those months.....and when I got back, they told me he was gonna be adopted by his foster parents, and I asked to go get help and I got help!  And now that I'm back...you gotta give me a chance......well, maybe you don't gotta, but, I'm prayin' you will.....because I love him, he's my son......

       (She hears something, gets very angry)

I heard that!  Maybe I called him wrong, but I was high.....and you're not!  So shut up - and don't never call him that again!   

       (She turns to leave, stops looks back)

Thank you. 

       (She exits.  Blackout)

--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



No comments: