Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #538 In My Dreams... by Janet S. Tiger Aug. 4, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 500!

 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #538 In My Dreams... by Janet S. Tiger  Aug. 4, 2015

           I have two versions of this monologue - please let me know which you think will work best.  Thanks!


                                     In My Dreams....
            
A monologue by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved
tigerteam1@gmail.com  
Draft 1 -


            (Older man comes onstage, with a white tipped cane.  He is wearing sunglasses and he      walks very slowly)

Dreams.....we all have dreams......

In my dreams, I can still see ......with both eyes.....clearly, like when I was young....in my dreams, I can walk and run....fast.....like when I chased Maria to become my wife......in my dreams, I am strong and can lift the engines that go into the cars that I make on the assembly line.....

In my dreams, my babies......are still little....and I need to teach them what to do......how to put on their socks and throw a ball......

In my dreams, I am a man.......

         (Turns to leave, stops, turns back)

In my dreams.....I can still see.......

        (He exits….into a dream)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     In My Dreams....
 Draft 2 -
A monologue by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved
tigerteam1@gmail.com  

        (Older man comes onstage, with a white tipped cane.  He is wearing sunglasses and he walks  very slowly)

Dreams.....we all have dreams......
In my dreams, I can still see ......with both eyes.....clearly, like when I was young....in my dreams, I can walk and run....fast.....like when I chased Maria to become my wife......in my dreams, I am strong and can lift the engines that go into the cars that I make on the assembly line.....
In my dreams, my babies......are still little....and I need to teach them what to do......how to put on their socks and throw a ball......
In my dreams.....I do not remember the problems that I had......that I caused....the things people did to hurt me......because in my dreams....I am happy to be alive.....

        (Turns to leave, stops, turns back)
In my dreams, I am a man.......
         (He exits....into a dream)
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
 

No comments: