Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #560 What's Her Name and the Other Guy by Janet S. Tiger Aug. 26, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 500!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #560 What's Her Name and the Other Guy by Janet S. Tiger  Aug. 26, 2015

               What's Her Name and the Other Guy
                                       A monologue by Janet S. Tiger
                                             © 2015 all rights reserved
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com
 
        (The actor enters shaking head, very confused)
 
(As fast as the actor can handle - or faster)  I'm so glad you're the one with the good memory, I just can't remember what's her name...you know who I mean....she's always with the other guy!  And they are so annoying because I can never remember their names!  She is ALWAYS complaining that no one remembers her name, but that is because everyone is trying to get away from her and that other guy, whose name I also can't remember!  And then they have that crazy dog......now the dog's name I remember.....usually....but not today!  I can't remember anything about them or their stupid yapping dog!  Maybe the dog's name is Yappy!  But what are their names! 
 
You know who I mean, right?  You always seem to be with them, so you must know their names!  So tell me.....what's her name! 
 
         (Listens)
 
Your aunt?  That's your aunt?  Oh, my God, am I sorry!  No, not that I forget their names, I'm sorry she's your aunt!
 
        (Runs toward the stage edge)
 
(Yelling)  Wait!  You haven't told me her name!  And the other guy!
 
Wait a minute!  I remember!  I remember!  I'm not losing my mind.....completely.....
 
        (Turns to leave, stops, looks back, triumphant)
 
Sparky!  The dog's name is...SPARKY!
 
      (Exits.  Happy to remember anything....)
--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



No comments: