Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #539 A Real Bargain by Janet S. Tiger Aug. 5, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 500!

 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #539 A Real Bargain by Janet S. Tiger  Aug. 5, 2015
          
                           A Real Bargain
                               A monologue by Janet S. Tiger (c) all rights reserved
                                       tigerteam1@gmail.com

       (The woman comes out and is waiting, tapping her foot.  She holds a book in her hand, keeps rubbing the book)

Okay, I know I haven't been to church in years, but God, you are supposed to be all seeing, so you must have seen me roaming around.  I haven't been hiding, you know.  I do talk to you from time to time.  I guess, well, maybe I do only talk to you when things are bad......like now.....boy, do I hate waiting for news like this!

How long will it take?  I mean they told me it would be a few hours, and it would depend on how the whole operation went, but, this is so tough!  I mean.....can't they give some kind of an update?

        (She feels something and takes her phone out of her pocket)

Oh, I guess they have some kind of notice.......and it says......the surgery is almost complete, he'll be in post-op in fifteen minutes......oh, boy, I'm telling you God, if everything is OK, and there's no complications, and no problems, I swear I will never complain again!  Not about anything!  I won't complain about washing his clothes, or changing bandages, or shopping, or even....I won't even complain about washing the dishes!  I mean......even if he leaves the glasses on the couch and there's a spill....even if the fork falls on the floor and I step on it!

I really want everything to be OK!  I know what's important!  I am so sorry about all the times I've bitched and moaned about things that really don't matter!

           (She drops to her knees, holds the book up)

I swear on this Bible!  I swear on everything that means everything!  I will never complain!  Ever!  Again!

          (She sinks down, puts the book on the floor and cries....there is a sound, she looks over, gets up slowly and walks to the door)

Yes?

          (She listens and starts smiling, throws her head back)

Thank you!  Oh, thank you!  I'll be there in a minute.....

          (She comes back to get the book, a little shaken)

Everything went perfectly!  He's in post-op, and the doctor said everything was clear, and smooth and he should make a complete recovery!   Oh, thank you, God!

          (She goes to pick up the Bible)

Of course, I hope you understand that sometimes people say things in the heat of the moment......promises that are hard to keep.....like not complaining about the dishes......  I mean, I once counted, and there are a lot of dishes not to complain about.....like maybe 45 a day, and that times a year is.......(thinking)  ...I know I did the math once....it was a hell of a lot of dishes.....ooh, sorry about that.....an awful lot of dishes......like 20,000 a year, and in 50 years of marriage, that was like, millions!  So, please forgive me......if I go back a little on the bargain.......but I'll do my best, I swear I will......

          (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Now washing the clothes......that's something to complain about......

         (She waves the Bible at the ceiling and exits......a bargain at twice the complaints)


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8