Saturday, February 28, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 381 by Janet S. Tiger Tree of Knowledge Feb. 28, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!   Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com

If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 381 by Janet S. Tiger  Feb. 28, 2015
   
                                  Tree of Knowledge
                                      (with apologies to the character in Day # 379)
                                                             by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com


           (A woman comes out.  She is barely covered - just the important spots.  She is eating an apple.)

Mmmm,mmmmm,mmmm, this is good.  I just love these, I don't care what he calls them, I think I'm giving it my own name.......John, Peter, Paul...Mack...that's good, a Mack apple.  Juicy and delicious.

       (She chomps down, finishes and throws the core away)

I wish we had something to put garbage in.... I hate to just throw stuff on the ground.  Maybe that snake will show me where I can get a....what would I call it.....a garbage pail.  That's a good name....I just love knowing things......what a great tree! 

         (She pulls another apple out of her skimpy outfit)

That snaky guy sure was nice.  Okay, his skin was a little slimy, but I'm sure that's just adolescence.

And I don't care what honeybunch said, I trusted him.  I mean, why do I have to listen to some faceless voice?  What did the snake call it when you hear voices?  Schizo!  I don't wanna be that.  Nope, we did the right thing eating these apples.....I mean, what could possibly go wrong when you put your mouth on something that tastes so good.....I have no regrets!  Except I look like Daisy May in this outfit, but hey, maybe there's a Nordstrom Tree Rack around here someplace.....

          (She is about to take a bite, when she hears a voice, drops down, starts trying to sneak off)

.Our father!  Now we're in for it.......I betcha we get grounded!

           (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Daddy'll never kick us out.....he just couldn't!

           (She exits, forever)


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



2 comments:

Eat My Words said...

Clever! Encore!

Eat My Words said...

P.S. Re: Clever! Encore! by Veronica (unsigned)
I love how you give the reader a hint, then let them figure it out. This engages the
reader immediately and gets us involved. Thanks.
Veronica