Thursday, February 5, 2015

Monologue Mania Day# 358 by Janet S. Tiger Out of Time Feb. 5, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year! 
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 358 by Janet S. Tiger  Out of Time Feb. 5, 2015

                                               Out Of Time
                               
                                                 by Janet S. Tiger   
                                     (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                          tigerteam1@gmail.com


          

             (A person is seen waving their hands at the audience)



Hello, how are you?  So good to see you! 



            (Takes out a pocketwatch, looks at it)



We have a few moments.  How long…exactly?  That depends......how long a minute is, depends on which side of the bathroom door you're on!


Who am I?   A bit of a mystery, I think……



See if you can guess…..



I have no friends, and no one can beat me. 



I am a great teacher, even though I kill all my pupils……



You use me, abuse me, you waste me, you regard me as the enemy.....yet I do not care.  You try, say you have killed me, but I never stop.  See these hands?  



          (Waves them)



You can't turn them back!  And no matter what Einstein said - you can't slow them down!



Who am I? 


           (Looks at watch again)

Time's up for guessing.....



          (Turns to exit, stops, looks back)



Because...I am time......



       (Waves hands, then – just, gone)



-------------------------



I am almost at the end of a year of these monologues…time is short……





-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: