Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #462 Replacement Cost (the assistant) by Janet S. Tiger May 20, 2015



Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for (now over) a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or

     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Monologue Mania Day #462 Replacement Cost (the assistant) by Janet S. Tiger  May 20, 2015
            Please see Day # 1 for the first part of this one-act.
                                              Replacement Cost (the assistant)
                            A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                       tigerteam1@gmail.com


       (The assistant enters, she is in her thirties, attractive, competent, but now she is also a combination of amazed and horrified)

You have got to be kidding!  I can't believe what I just saw!

I knew there was a reason you didn't want me to know what type of 'job' you were offering this young man, but now that I know........(sputtering a bit) ....now that I know .....all I can say is......I think you are insane.

Maybe not lock up insane, just garden variety nuts.

Maybe you can blame it on the chemotherapy, but you can't really hope to have some other person, another human being for God's sake!  just learn about you, and then....(sputtering again)....learn about you and.....take over when you die?

        (Sees the glass of untouched wine and goes over, chugs it down)

I have worked with you for fifteen years, and I have seen a lot.  I have seen you take over companies with one phone call...sometimes a phone call that was only one sentence long!  I have seen you build up an industry in a matter of weeks, sometimes days!  Or tear down a company, bleed it dry because the CEO beat you at a game of Scrabble!

        (She pours another glass and swallows it in one gulp)

But this, this is unthinkable!  To take a person and make them over....in your image!  I knew you thought you were God, but I didn't ever want to see the proof that you really believed it!

And there it is......I watched it....like a frightening reality TV show......and the most frightening part is.....

         (She puts down the glass, turns to leave, stops, looks back)

.....is that he is probably going to accept!

         (Lights down on the assistant.)



------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8




No comments: