Thursday, May 7, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #449 A Telling Moment by Janet S. Tiger May 7, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or

     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
       

--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #449 A Telling Moment by Janet S. Tiger  May 7, 2015
 
                                               A Telling Moment
                             A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                       tigerteam1@gmail.com

            (The woman is in her fifties, getting ready for bed, putting on face cream, tying back her hair, creaming her hands, etc.  She is listening, getting more annoyed.)

Are you finished?  

             (Listens) 

Good, so let me get this straight.  You are mad at me because of all this, right?

            (Listens, nods)

But I told you, that I was not told not to tell you, so I didn't see the need to tell....Now I understand if it was a secret, I am well aware that husbands and wives always have to share secrets, that is almost like a rule about being married.......but!  may I remind you.......did you hear me?

(Louder)  It wasn't a secret, so it wasn't important enough to know..... let alone share!  

And still, you have the unmitigated gall to say that I should have told you.....well, I just don't see the problem!  I'm sure that many things are told to you and you don't share them because they are not secrets....they are just things people tell you!  When people talk, they tell things, and who can remember all the things that anyone tells!  I'm telling you now!  And just because you heard it from someone else does not make me wrong, it just makes you annoying!  

         (Stops, puts hands on hips)

Wait a minute!  Just wait one little minute!  How exactly do you know that I did not tell you and you just weren't listening!  How can I remember all the unimportant things that I told you or didn't tell you because half the time....you do not listen!  You often tell me that what I said was very boring....okay, not boring, but...(trying to remember)...   IRRELEVANT was the exact word you used.  So you are probably wrong about this, too!

        (She ties her bathrobe belt tightly and starts to leave)

I knew I would figure out that you were wrong......if I've told you once, I've told you a million times! You are always wrong!  Even when you are right, you are wrong because there is a carryover of wrong from all the times you were wrong in the past, like with taxes, a carryforward of wrong......

        (Stops, looks back)

Well that’s not true, dear, that no one is 100 per cent….you are, my love, you’ve been wrong every time!

           (She exits, humming the tune from the Honeymooners)

-------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
 

No comments: