Sunday, May 3, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #445 The Innocence Project by Janet S. Tiger May 3, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or

     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e
       --------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

 Monologue Mania Day #445   by Janet S. Tiger  May 3, 2015                                                                    The Innocence Project
                              A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved                                                                                         tigerteam1@gmail.com           

         (A woman walks onstage, she is nervous, holding a purse, which she sets on the floor as she sits.  She shakes her head 'no')

I don't need water.  And I can't stay long, I hafta catch a bus.....

         (Listens, gets upset)

I don't know nothin' about that stuff!  I told you already!  I dunno what happened to her jewelry!  She was gettin' old, ya know?  So sometimes she threw stuff away!  Said she hated clutter!  And she didn't want to be a hoarder, like one of her relatives, some cousin I think.

 I even took some of it out of the garbage pail when I noticed it, I showed you, Mrs. B.....I loved your mother....she was a nice lady and nice to me.......

         (Listens)

Yeah, sometimes she yelled at me, but all old people get that way.....(to herself)  sometimes young people, too......and I ain't no thief!  Just because you can't find stuff don't mean I took it!  Just because I don't have a lotta money don't mean you can blame me for when maybe somebody in your family took it!  I got my rights!  So I'm goin' home, and if you don't like it, call the police......I don't care.....I know they won't find anything, and then.....then I'm gonna sue you for...what's that word?  ....Defamation of character!  I ain't stupid - I watch Judge Judy and People's Court!

        (She stands up, takes her purse, stops, looks back)

And don't let me know when the funeral is, cause I ain't comin'!  So there!

       (She hugs her purse to her chest, goes to exit, but as she is almost gone, she stops and looks back....and she smiles, strokes her purse and laughs.  The end of some stolen memories)

-------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: