Friday, February 27, 2015

Monologue Mania Day # 380 by Janet S. Tiger If you want closure.... Feb. 27, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!   Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com

If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 380 by Janet S. Tiger  Feb. 27, 2015
   
                                   If you want closure.....
                                                        (for Caregivers Anonymous)
                                                             by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com


            (An older man enters, dressed in the clothes of a person who has finished a show - nice, but a bit sweaty and more than a bit tired, and carrying a wooden ventriloquist dummy)

Whooooo, I thought I'd never get here!  Ladies and gentlemen please forgive me for being late!

              (The others excuse him, laugh, offer him the floor)

I'm late because I was busy!  You might remember that, once a month, I do a fantastic show for the home where my wife is now ensconced......  That's a big word, right, dummy, I mean Danny.....

              (He picks up the dummy and doesn't even bother trying to move the mouth, just waves the arm)

 Please excuse him folks, he's very disappointed because the inmates, I mean patients, said his performance was......wooden.

               (Waves away groans)

I love going to my where my wife is, because for the first time in 35 years of marriage, she doesn't complain when she sees me....you know why?

               (He waves the dummy at the others)

(As dummy, squeaky)  She doesn't remember who you are?


 Ooh, I wise guy......here, I have your favorite drink.....kerosene......

                 (Pours something into the mouth)

And now.......what I would like to do to most of the world.......

                  (He opens a cigarette lighter, then stops, closes the lighter, puts the dummy down), )

Can't do this with my wife's crowd, they actually go off and try to duplicate these tricks!

                  (He points to the newest in the crowd)

She's new, right?  She doesn't know what's going on, does she? 

                   (The others introduce her and he goes over, puts his face up close to hers)

I am the world's worst ventriloquist, but nobody at my wife's care center realizes, because once I finish with the three jokes I know, I can go back to the beginning and start over.  They don't care.

And now, neither do I.  My wife bitched and moaned non-stop for our entire marriage.  But then six years ago, she stopped complaining.  That's when I knew something was wrong.  The horrible part was, I liked it, the peace and quiet.

She is actually nice to me now.  Here's the part that gets me - what do I pray for?  That they find a cure for this, so she gets better.....so she can can come home and nag ME to death?  Is that what I want?  Or do I want some kind of closure?

                (He lifts the dummy)

(Squeaky)  You want closure?  Slam the coffin lid!

                 (He smacks the dummy)

Idiot!

                  (He puts the dummy in the chair)

I'm calling him an idiot!  Who's the dummy now?  (Quiet)  Or do I want her to just get worse and completely disappear........talk about your crappy choices......

               (He goes to sit down, bringing the dummy to sit with him)

Funny thing, I was raised with the idea I could go to hell when I die......but with this stuff, I dunno, maybe, just maybe, hell won't be so bad......

              (The lights flare red on him, then out.  End of scene)


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



No comments: