Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Monologue Mania Day# 357 by Janet S. Tiger In Defense of Revenge Feb. 4, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year! 
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day# 357 by Janet S. Tiger  Feb. 4, 2015

                                          In Defense of Revenge
                              
                                                 by Janet S. Tiger   
                                     (c) 2015     all rights reserved
                                          tigerteam1@gmail.com


           (The young man comes onstage, he is trying to look sorry, but he can't fake it well - he does not understand why he is being punished)

Okay, your honor, I do want to say something before you decide.  I know I must have done something wrong.  I mean, being in a jail cell has taught me a lot.  And I never thought, in a million years, that making a website would put me in jail!  And it was a good site, I had a lot of great features on it.  I called it - RN - Revenge Now - and had a photo of a nurse with the motto -Breaking up?  Feel better fast.

I thought, I really believed I had a good idea.  Everybody wants revenge when they break up with someone, I just wanted to help people blow off that bad steam.  

Maybe if they could do this, it would stop them from beating up their old girlfriends.  A lot of guys do that, right.  Even worse, they sometimes kill the girls.  You see it in the paper all the time, and I'm sure you do, too, your honor.  Isn't this better?  No one gets hurt.  It's just photos, online.

And I never took one photo of anyone.  The girls did and..... sent them to the guys.  And the guys took pictures, too, then when they broke up, they would get mad, and so they sent them to me......The guys did!  They sent me the photos of their exes - along with the information about who they were, and stuff like that.  I never, EVER, looked up these women to get money out of them.  That wouldn't be right, you know, and I know right from wrong.  Who owns a picture?  If the girl sends it to the guy, it's like a gift, like a pair of socks, and he can give to someone else, like any gift.  

So, if you don't like where the gift ends up, you can buy it back.

In fact, it was their idea that I should do this, really.  The first girl who contacted me offered me money to take down her photo and stuff, and I thought, wow, here's a great way to make money!  That's when I put up the second website, Remove- A- Pic and I only charged a fair amount because it takes time to remove the photo and erase the cookies and stuff.  About two hours, and I'm a highly paid tech, so at $150 an hour, that's 300 dollars, that's fair, right?

So when they paid me, I did the work right away!  I did a good job! I took down the photos within 48 hours.  No one thanked me for that, you know.  

Okay, I'm gonna wrap it up, but at heart, I want you to know that I'm a helpful guy.  I helped other men get revenge...without a drop of blood.  And I helped the women take the photos down.  All I wanted to do was make a little money and help people.

Anyhow, I did make some money on these sites, but it's all gone for my lawyers.  And I have nothing left now......so, I think I've been punished enough and I hope you let me have probation.

 But I want you to know, your honor, that I appreciate you considering all the facts of this whole thing.  

          (Turns to leave, stops looks back)

I never put up pictures of my old girlfriends.  I'd never do that to a girlfriend of mine, no matter how she hurt me.  No matter how much I wanted to.....I think......all those guys who sent me the photos, if you wanna be fair, they're the ones who should be here now, going to jail. 

          (He exits......to a longterm jail sentence.  His sentence will finish, but the photos put online will never be gone completely.......)


-----------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: