Monday, October 22, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1710 The Hatching (for Halloween) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 22, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1710 To look at the other 1709 titles - click here
  first   year - Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016  fourth year Feb. 14, 2017 Feb. 13, 2018  - now in year five - Feb. 14 - today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #  1710 The Hatching (for Halloween) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Oct. 22,  2018

Parental alert - Although the following is intended in good fun, it may be a bit too much for young children.  Or my sister!

  (Part of  the countdown for Halloween - only this is..... the real scary stuff)

                                            The Hatching
                                                 (for Halloween)
                                            by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2018
                                                tigerteam1@gmail.com


      (Actor enters looking up, constantly watching above)

I can feel it.  The hatching!  They hatch and come out and....they get you!  While you're asleep!

       (Listens)

Are you kidding?  Zombies are imaginary!  Just like vampires!  No, the hatching is very real.....and you should be afraid, very afraid.....because they hatch right around Halloween!

And you don't even know!  They are around us now, but they are just waking up, moving to where they become......the enemy!

More devious than any plot hatched in Hollywood!  More frightening than any giant snake!  Or scary attack!  No, this gives me chills because it is ....real!

And they are coming......they are......the....MOTHS!

        (He sees something, swats at it!

I saw one!  Didn't you?  They came right after me!  Into my face, my eyes!  And when I'm asleep.....my ....EARS!

       (Points at the crowd)

And where do you go laughing at me!  There are too many of them for us to win!  They survive all chemical attack!  They will not die in the microwave!  I know it because one day....when I got my tea......one of them flew out at me, into my nose!.......Keep laughing!   They will be inside your ears, too!    Leaving their dirty moth footprints inside of you!  Sucking out the marrow of your brains!

So before you judge.....I want you to think if you are really safe from this enemy!  think about it......and then go to sleep, and when you awaken in the middle of the night, with a faint flapping noise in your ears.......think about it......and wonder.....was it a girl moth?  Did it....lay eggs?

        (Exits laughing maniacally as leaving, all while trying to swat a moth!)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
  
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: