Sunday, February 25, 2018

Monologue Mania Day # 1474 The Seventh Mountain (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Feb. 26, 2018

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
Today is Day # 1474!  To look at the other 1473 titles - click here
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site on Facebook, Google - with friends.  Wishing you much success!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1474  The Seventh Mountain (for Caregivers Anonymous) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Feb. 26, 2018     
           
                                       The Seventh Mountain


                                                  A monologue by Janet S. Tiger 
                                                   © 2018 all rights reserved 
                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com
  
           (The actor stands, then jumps on the table as the others are amazed)

Can you see it?  Is it beautiful?  Oh, yes!  The mountains!  The sun!  Okay, maybe we almost died a few times getting up here, but, for this moment, it is worth it!

          (He spreads his arms wide, then jumps off the table)

Do you know what that's from - okay, maybe I paraphrased, but it's from one of the greatest scenes in a movie - a movie based on a true story.......about a bunch of people in a plane crash in the Andes  Mountains.....and to survive they had to eat the dead passengers.....a cheery movie!

         (The others laugh)

But my favorite part is what the actor playing the lead, Sean Penn, no, it was Ethan Hawke....and he said to his buddy when they are looking over the horrifying but beautiful vista that is all snowy mountain....when they realize they have at least 50 miles to go over these mountains........Ethan Hawke points out that.........'the 7th mountain has no snow'

(Sighs)  I remember thinking, wow, I got it.  As long as you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, ......you have a chance.....

So, whenever I have the feeling that everything is hopeless, I go to the tallest place I can.....into the hills, or if I have to......up on the table!

As long as I have a chance to seethat, no matter how bad the day looks, what appointments with doctors are going to bring, what bills have to be paid with money I don't have....what accidents have to be cleaned up!.....that the 7th mountain has no snow......that.....there is hope!.......and that someday.....there is going to be a change for the better......as long as I keep going......

I hold onto that.....in the midst of all the crap......and I highly advice you try it....because....even if you can't get up on the table....you can always stand on your tiptoes.......to see that 7th mountain....

           (Lights down, end of scene)
------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983

Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

                         

No comments: