Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Monologue Mania Day # 721 Honey (for The Queens Party) by Janet S. Tiger Feb. 2, 2016



Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 700!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 721 Honey (for The Queens Party) by Janet S. Tiger Feb. 2, 2016 
        For more from this play see Day # 263 The Queens Party opening monologue and 
                                                     Day #  423 The Best  

                                   Honey                                            (for The Queen's Party)
                                ©Janet S. Tiger all rights reserved 2016
                                              tigerteam1@gmail.com        

     (Man enters -'he's in his thirties but acts younger.  He is wearing a trenchcoat and is carrying a glass of wine which he taps to get attention)

Helloooooo!  Hellooooo!  Just want to say that I am here....so the party can start!

I see some new faces.....and I knew those new faces when they were old faces!  But that's okay, I don't mind renewal!

      (Looks around, sees the actor who is there for the first time)

And then I see.....really new faces....hello, beautiful......

       (The actor is a bit embarrassed, and this delights the other)

Ooh....a shy one!  Have a drink so you can get high and shy!   Know who I am deary?  Of course you don't.....but let me tell you......I'm your worst nightmare - a queen with a big.......mouth......

         (The others hoot and he puts his arm around the actor)

I know your name, but let me introduce myself......I am Jerome Edwards Stevenson......of the Atlanta Stevensons.......you know, where they created Gone with The Wind?  Well, honey.....my friends all call me....Bear.......

You know why they call me...Bear?  Let me tell you..... it's not cause I'm big and wooly, baby...... And it's not spelled like the animal......it's spelled just the way I like it....B-A -R- E......

You guessed it, baby.....I'm  into men, women and houseplants......and I've been certified crazy by the state of California......yes, you guessed it......I'm bi....a Bi- Polar Bare!

       (He opens the trenchcoat to applause as the lights flash bright then blackout.)


-------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

No comments: