Sunday, February 7, 2016

Monologue Mania Day # 726 Last Scene at Swedenborg Hall by Janet S. Tiger Feb. 7, 2016


Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.

If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     

     For a list of the titles and blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 700!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day # 726 Last Scene at Swedenborg Hall by Janet S. Tiger Feb. 7, 2016 


In honor of the last service at San Diego's Swedenborg Hall....today....

                  Last Scene at Swedenborg Hall 
                                ©Janet S. Tiger all rights reserved 2016
                                              tigerteam1@gmail.com        

         (The playwright comes onstage, trying hard not to get teary - not succeeding)

As some of you know, I have been writing a monologue a day online for - come Friday - two full years.   Today is Day # 726, The Last Scene at Swedenborg Hall.

I want to thank everyone here - both today and throughout these 35 years I have been coming to the theater here - for a fantastic run.  I am and will always be - privileged and honored to be Swedenborg Hall's first Playwright-in-Residence.  To DJ, and Carla and Diane.....huge appreciation for all the work - and love! - that made this possible.

But my greatest thank you is to all the members of this church - whose prayers for me and my family were instrumental in our getting through some of the most difficult times in our lives.  And our family was able to pray for those here.....and I know that God has listened to and answered those prayers in ways that will reverberate throughout all time.  I could go on and on - and everyone here knows it will take all my strength not to!

Now some people have no trouble leaving a party- - they can even leave without saying goodbye. I, on the other hand, can say goodbye and never leave!  For those who know me well, the problem saying goodbye extends to my characters in these monologues.  Each one - all 725 so far! - ends in the same way - the character turns to leave, stops, looks back, and says the final line.  And so, to avoid further teariness, I will do that here.......Thank you all for a wonderful ride!  And thank you, God....

         (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Never goodbye.....but Godspeed!

         (Godspeed to all the members - past and present!)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8


Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

What a heartbreaking loss. Appreciate your memorializing the day.