Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #504 Cantaloupe Dreams by Janet S. Tiger July 1, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 400!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #504 Cantaloupe Dreams by Janet S. Tiger  July 1, 2015

                              Cantaloupe Dreams
                                   a monologue inspired by Two Sisters by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                     © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                                                            tigerteam1@gmail.com  

                 (Pam is listening to Lynn and laughs)


I don't care what's inside your head.....as long as it's not cantaloupe!

                (Listens)

Good question....what is it about cantaloupe?

 I guess, when we were kids, you liked fruit, but me, most of it smelled funny….. I mean, I loved Mom, but, you know how that time was, how she was, you had to eat everything….and I didn’t want to eat stuff and she forced me….remember how I had Mom cut the skin off the apples?  And then they would turn brown, and I would have her cut the brown parts off, until all I had to eat was a tiny bit of apple?  And then I would go to the bathroom and spit it out!

Cantaloupe.....smelly, smelly cantaloupe.......remember how she would put perfectly good ice cream into the cantaloupe, so I couldn't eat the ice cream! 

But I guess the real reason was....the monsters.   Remember the monsters in the closet?

 The ones you had to scare away with the flashlight?

        (They giggle)

I told you they were scary, but….they actually had parts that….don’t laugh…
         
They looked like….fruit!  Really!  They had banana arms, and apply hands, and you can probably guess what the heads looked like….
           
(Nods)  You got it!  Cantaloupe heads!. So, every time I see a cantaloupe....every time I just get a whiff of a cantaloupe.....I am eight years old and I cannot sleep because I am so afraid that, in my dreams, the fruit monsters will come......

        (She turns to leave, stops, looks back)

For the life of me, can't figure out why I still like strawberries.....such are the mysteries of life.....

      (Lights down.)
      
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-83

No comments: