Sunday, July 26, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #529 Super Bugcatcher by Janet S. Tiger July 26, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 500!

 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #529   by Janet S. Tiger  July 26, 2015
                                 
                  Thank you Bradley, for being the inspiration for this!
         
                                             Super Bug Catcher
                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved                                                                                              tigerteam1@gmail.com

         
        (An older man comes onstage, but he is dancing around as if he were very young.  He is holding a present- a butterfly net - and he is very excited about it)

This is the best birthday in my whole life!  I was hoping for this, but I never thought I'd get it!  Thank you, grandpa!  You're the best grandpa in the whole world!  I saw this online and I just had to have it!  A super bug catcher!  Did you see it?  It has a vacuum that can suck the bugs up, and there's even a magnifying glass so I can look at 'em up close!  And a mini-microscope with a camera so I can send photos to a website to identify them!  And I could even make a bug movie, just like AntMan!

        (He holds out the net)

Have you ever seen anything so amazing!  And there's a book about buga, all about ......BUGS! And it has all the names in Latin and Greek and everything!

Oh, this is the greatest day in my life.....and I wanna thank you!

        (He goes over to hug his grandfather)

Can we go get some bugs now, can we, can we?  I wanna look at them under the microscope, and take pictures......it's just like.....I can be a real scientist now, just like the guys on TV!

        (He waves the net)

I think I got one!  Maybe it's a new species.......

        (He holds the net and looks in)

Maybe I could be a scientist.....just like you grandpa....

         (He holds out his hand and starts to walks off, stops, looks back)

Tell me about your Daddy again, and how he got you the butterfly net.......I like that story...it's kinda like watchin' youtube when you tell it....

        (He skips out, now a bit buggy about bugs)
---------------------------------------------------------------------

     This could actually be performed by a younger actor - the key is the butterfly net, which will connect him to the grandfather.


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
 

No comments: