Thursday, July 2, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #505 Where's My Extra Second? by Janet S. Tiger July 2, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 400!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #505 Where's My Extra Second? by Janet S. Tiger  July 2, 2015
                          
                            Where's My Extra Second?
                                                       (for Senior Channel)
                                                     © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                                                            tigerteam1@gmail.com  

       (The person who enters is wild, with watches up and down their arms, a phone in each hand, and a pocketwatch chain visible)

  I need more time!  When I was a child, I remember time was this giant, slow-moving thing - it took forever to get to the end of a day in school, let alone to the weekend!  To get to a birthday, forget it!   And let's not talk about Christmas......But then something happened as I got older, it's as if someone hit the fast forward button.....and here I am, too old to appreciate all the time I wasted when I was young!

      (Waves arms)

I have all these clocks and watches, and I was told by the government and the scientists and all the powers that be that......there was supposed to be....an extra second!  On the 30th of June!  And I was looking forward to this so much!  It made me giddy to think of everything I could do with that extra second and now I can't find it! 

Where did it go?  Did they give it to me?  I was watching so carefully!

I don't have that much left, I can't afford to lose even one second! Has anyone in the audience seen - where did my time go!

          (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

And I can't find my car keys, either!

          (Exits. Time for another second)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-83

No comments: