Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #489 A New by Janet S. Tiger June 16, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 400!

 
Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #489   by Janet S. Tiger  June 16, 2015

                                                   A New
                            (for The Senior Channel)
                         A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   © all rights reserved  2015                                                                                       tigerteam1@gmail.com 

           (The box is almost bigger than the older man carrying it, as he is not too large, but he struggles and successfully places the box on a table, wiping his forehead with a handkerchief.)

Whew!  A few years ago, I could have lifted this with one hand......but it's okay....this was worth it.  I wanted to show everyone what modern technology is going to do for me.....and maybe for all of you, too!

           (He opens the box and stares in with joy)

It's beautiful!  And I have been dreaming about this for a long time!  You see....it's a ....

           (He pulls out a paper and waves it)

....it's one of those newfangled inventions called a 3D Printer!

And these are the instructions!

            (He pulls out a tiny packet)

It must be simple, only a small booklet!

            (He opens the booklet and it unfolds all the way to the floor.  He examines the writing)

Not to worry!  Only one page is in English!

And right here, on the Senior Channel, I am going to set this up and do what I have been looking forward to doing for an age!

I watch these shows on PBS all the time, and they had a great one about 3D printers that are printing out hands for children, and legs for soldiers......so I figured, if they could do that.....

I'm gonna print me out....a new head!

And it's going to have all the features I want - the ability to understand modern technology!  The capability to set up every new television and cable box!My new and improved head will lead me to understand everything that is mystifying me about the 21st Century!

           (He hears something, nods)

Okay, maybe I can't do all this today, but....I'll be back!

           (He reaches into the box and removes a couple of items, holds them up to the audience, turns to leave, stops, looks back)        

And most of all - I'll get to learn how to open a can!

           (He laughs as he exits.  The beginning of a new age....head)

 ------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-83

No comments: