Saturday, July 22, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1255 Scheduled by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 22, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1240!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1255 Scheduled by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 22, 2017       


                                    Scheduled (c)

                                               by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved 
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com

        (This is an older woman who never looked young - mousy, with a nervousness that she is trying to hide.)

I hope this won't take too long.  I have to finish quite a lot of work, now that Mr. Whitsom is.....gone.   Everything has to be on schedule.  You see, I pride myself on staying right on schedule......

         (Listens)

No, I truly do not understand why I am here.  I mean, you presented me with this letter, and these....these charges, but I still have no idea how any of this happened.....

(Sighs)  I will tell you all again - I never had any type of affair with Mr. Whitsom - I know he has a wife, and I would never....EVER .....do anything against the rules of society,  let alone the rules of this office!

        (Listens, shakes head)

Well, yes, Mr. Whitsom is a very handsome man,and yes, it would have been 33 years in April....(wistful) ....my how time flies when you're having fun.......

         (Takes a deep breath)

What?  You found what?

          (Horrified, she looks around)

But those are private parts!  I mean private areas, I mean, I was under the impression that no one was allowed to look in there!  No one is supposed to look in our lockers!  I kept those diaries under lock and key.....what?

        (Listens, looks embarrassed)

I see.  So it's not the diaries you read.....but if you didn't read my diaries, how did you know.....

         (She looks at her ipad, holds it up and waves it, then nods her head)

I knew it.  I just knew it.  Amazing.  33 years of  my most innermost secrets, desires, personal fantasies..... all right maybe just the last 15 years on the computer, but still, you had no right......okay, maybe because it was company computer time, maybe you did have a right....but I did mark them.....Scheduled for Deletion.  You saw that, and yet, you still poked your noses into my personal life.   Why didn't I press the button?  Why was it so hard to just....erase all my feelings......but I couldn't....could I?

          (She listens, is puzzled)

But of course this is all connected.  You see, Mr. Whitsom never seemed to notice that I cared.  And when he left his wife yesterday, and I told him what I felt, and how I had kept it all bottled up inside until....until he was free....and... ....I gave him the diaries to read, but he.....(very upset)  ...he just.....just laughed.  He said he had had a mistress for years.  A pretty one.  I mean, it wasn't very nice at all.  I knew he had been mean to his wife, but wives are different.....and that didn't affect me.  No, he just didn't have to laugh......It wasn't fair.....

         (She nods,  gets up, turns back)

So I'm sure you understand why, he, too, had to be,,,,,absolutely had to be .....scheduled for deletion.

         (Exits to some heavy jail time)
----------------------------------------------------
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8