Sunday, July 9, 2017

Monologue Mania Day # 1242 I Know About You by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 9, 2017

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!
  first   year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!                 
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop - if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                    day, click here  There are now over 1180!
Get  more great award-winning monologues - MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -   
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day # 1242 I Know About You by Janet S. Tiger (c) July 9, 2017   


  
                                   What I Know About You     (c)
                                               by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2017 all rights reserved 
                                                             tigerteam1@gmail.com

                  
        (This is a person that looks a little off.  The actor can decide how to do this.  Looks out, smiles, waves)

Oh, hello there!  I see you!  You see me, too!  You were just out getting your paper, and when you saw me, you ran inside.  And it's not because your hair is in curlers, no, I see you talking to the other neighbors with your curlers on - and your old housecoat.....no, you ran inside because....it's me!

I know.

Ever since I was a kid, people run inside.  They think I don't know, but ...I do.

Why they won't talk to me, I'm not really sure. 

You see, I'm not stupid.  I went to school.  I read a lot of books.  But no one wants to know that about me.  Why?  I want to know about them.  All about them.  

The funny thing is, I already know.  In school, I learned about a lot of things, and now, on the Internet, I find out anything I want to know.  So I look in the recycler by the complex's mailboxes, and I take out all the mail that people throw away.  Very interesting!

And their names are still on it.....just like yours.  And like Mr. Bandini, who walks the dogs and doesn't want to talk to me.  Or Mrs. Stone, who pretends she can't hear what I say.  But inside her house, she hears just fine.

     (Laughs)

How do I know all these things?  About all the people in this complex?  Easy.....it's so easy on the internet!

And then.....I learned how to listen with those devices.....they're expensive.  I can't afford them.  But they're really easy to make!  So I make them.....and when I shake hands with people, or when I talk to them by their apartment I just put one by their door.  And if they look away, I put it inside!

And here....on my phone.....I can listen to everybody!

        (Holds up phone)

See?  That kid Jarrod, he's got a girlfriend, and when his mother goes to work, he comes home with her and they smoke dope all afternoon!  Until just before mom comes home, and then he sends the girl home and sprays some lysol and cleans up and his mama thinks he's great!

        (Turns to leave, stops, looks back)

You?  I know about you....you're on this channel....

          (Holds up phone)

You're the one.....I'm going to blackmail.....

          (Exits listening and waving)

----------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8

No comments: