Friday, August 12, 2016

Monologue Mania Day #912 Tempted Murder (from the upcoming play) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 12, 2016

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free* monologue a day- -and still going!

            first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 12, 2015  second year -  Feb. 13, 2015 - Feb. 12, 2016  third year -  Feb. 13, 2016 -  today!           *********                                                        
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues- for a list of the titles and blurbs from each                                                                                                                                              day, click here  There are now over 900!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #912  Tempted Murder (from the upcoming play) by Janet S. Tiger (c) Aug. 12,  2016
   

                                                       Tempted Murder
                                      A monologue by Janet S. Tiger  (c) 2016 all rights reserved
                                                                                      tigerteam1@gmail.com
.
        (The man is big, bigger than life, not young, but with the vitality of a much younger man.  He is perfectly dressed, and he is FURIOUS)    


Of course I don't want to be President!  Who the hell spends a half a billion dollars to get a job that doesn't pay for a decent house!  But things are different now, baby......and you are the reason!

         (Listens, laughs)

       What do you mean, we had a deal?  You mean that deal two years ago when you agreed if I ran, and I was nominated to run against you, that you would just let me shoot myself in the foot over and over, so you could be the first woman President ?  And - in appreciation - you would make sure I could control the entire future entertainment business of what is about to replace cable?  The deal where I could say whatever I wanted, and you could make fun of anything, but you.....listen closely....you couldn't attack my family, no matter what!

That was the deal I remember!  And frankly, I don't care what you say about my children, they're big enough to defend themselves.  My mother is dead long enough so that I have no worries about her......and God knows that I don't give a rat's patootie about anything you say about Ursa.....the only reason she went along with this was I promised to buy her an island!  But once you opened your god-awful mouth about my....my.....(sputters)....beloved Tinkly....the most beautiful dog in the whole world! - that changed everything!

        (He is truly affected, wipes his eyes, then turns vicious)

All bets are off!  You are in for a fight now, sister.....and I can tell you....you ain't seen nothing yet!

          (Turns to leave, stops, looks back, smiles)

And maybe, just maybe, when I get elected......I'll figure out a way to hang you!

          (He exits, laughing.  End of scene)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315                CaregiversAnon.org
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
--------------------------------------------------------------

Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.