Monday, September 28, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #594 The Endless Interview by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 28, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 590!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #594  The Endless Interview by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 28, 2015
                                       
        In honor of all those who interview......
                                     The Endless Interview
                              by Janet S. Tiger
                                           © all rights reserved                                      
                                           tigerteam1@gmail.com
  
        (The young man is dressed for success - nice suit, shirt, tie, shoes, the whole bit, all a little uncomfortable as it is obvious he does not wear this type of outfit often.  He is hot around the collar, and trying to pay attention.)

Yes, I....think that's a good question.....you have a lot of good questions.......

       (Looks at watch)

Boy, I never realized an interview could be this long.(corrects himself)......this involved.....I mean.....I appreciate all the time you put into interrogating....I mean talking with potential employees……I really want this job, I mean, all the experience I’ve had is interning…yes, I know I said that before and it’s on my resume….sorry….......I...yes.....so, what was the question again?


       (Listens, happy)

The last question?  This is the last question?  I mean, ok, that sounds good.......

      (Listens)

Wow, if I could describe my perfect job in a way that involves something I love to do.......okay...I can do this!

       (He thinks, then perks up, takes off tie while talking)

My ideal job would be like.....like eating an endless sandwich!  Yeah, you heard me!  It would be like a footlong, only a mile long!  An endless mile!  And I would keep eating .....and each part of the sandwich would be fantastic!  Roast beef and mustard, then barbecue and onion and teriyaki, and then steak with eggs!  And it would just keep going!  Maybe a bacon and tuna section, and everything with lots of mayo and pepper and all kinds of weird stuff from all over the world!

      (His mouth is watering as he talks, he waves the tie while he moves around)

And I would be happy to come to work every single day, because I would never know what kind of delicious stuff was next!

      (He takes a deep breath and puts the tie in his pocket)

And if this job is like an endless sandwich......I hope I get it, and I will love it!  Thank you!

      (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

I gotta go, for some reason, I'm really hungry!

      (He exits......time to eat!)      

--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8











No comments: