Saturday, September 5, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #570 Unwritten by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 5, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 565!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #570  Unwritten by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 5, 2015

                                                     Unwritten

                                            A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                     © all rights reserved

        (Actor enters with a pad and pencil, scribbling furiously, looks up)

I love music!  I love songs!  I know hundreds of songs!  And I've been writing songs since I was kid,
and I've studied songs since I was in the womb.....because my mom played music for me while I was a captive! 
 
And after a lot of study, I've come to the conclusion that there's only a few songs-songs about love wanted.......

                (Puts hands over heart)
 
Songs about.....love unrequited
 
              (Drops head)
 
Songs about .....love found
 
               (Jumps for joy)
Songs about.......love lost

              (Cries)
 
Songs about......dogs
 
             (Walks a dog)
Patriotic songs.....
 
            (Marches)
 
Songs about being mad at someone......

            (Rages)
 
And funny songs.......

           (Laughs, bends over, gets ahold)
 
But the one about you........I just can't write.....

           (He turns to leave, stops, looks back)

Not yet.

           (Shrugs, exits shaking head.  Definitely not the end of this song)
       
--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8
­­


No comments: