Sunday, September 13, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #578 Erev by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 13, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 565!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #578 Erev by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 13, 2015

       
                                                   Erev
                              
                                           A monologue by Janet S. Tiger   
                                                © all rights reserved


          (Onstage comes.....the playwright.  True story, my story)


Tonight is Erev Rosh Hashanah - the eve of the Jewish New Year.

It is always a special night, but tonight is extra special for me - for twenty years ago, it was the beginning of a year I was not sure I would get through.  For that night, I had cancer, and was in the middle of a fight for my life.

My children were small - my daughter was only 10 months old and my son only 3 when I was diagnosed with inoperable breast cancer.

That night, I cried, praying that God would let me see them grow.  And he answered my prayers.  And those of family and friends - and with a lot of help, I am here tonight, ready to pray again in thanks for my all grown up children - my daughter who just turned 21, and my son who will be 24 in just a few months.

Life is such an amazing gift - and until we are faced with the loss of it, I don't know if this concept is so clear.

So on this Erev Rosh Hashanah, I say a special thank you to all my family and friends - some I have never met! - who prayed and helped in so many ways  - just so that I could reach this night. 

Shehecheyanu ... ..is the prayer that thanks God for allowing us reach this season.....and so I utter it tonight with all the love and gratitude that only time can make even deeper than when I first cried those long - and very short - 20 years ago.

L'shanah Tovah - to all a wonderful New Year - one filled with good health, much happiness and great success.

-----------------------------------


   Blessed art thou, O Lord our God, who has granted us life, sustained us, and allowed us to reach this season.

--------------------------------


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8







1 comment:

Jennifer Silva Redmond said...

So grateful we have you here with us!