Thursday, December 25, 2014

Monologue Mania Day #316 by Janet S. Tiger The Gift of...... Dec. 25, 2014

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day
                                                                        - for a whole year!
Note: A few words about 'free' -  all these monologues are protected under copyright law and are free to read, free to perform and video as long as no money is charged. Once you charge admission or a donation, or include my work in an anthology, you need to contact me for royalty info.

 If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues, please
scroll down for the previous days or go to 
http://www.monologuestore.com/ -click on the Monologue Mania button please scroll down.
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day,
 click here

Help  a playwright and get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this sit
e

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monologue Mania Day #316 by Janet S. Tiger The Gift of......   Dec. 25, 2014 

                                       The Gift of................
                                                (for the Senior Channel)
                                        ©Janet S. Tiger all rights reserved
                                                     tigerteam1@gmail.com


                (The actor struts onstage with a large bag, faces the crowd, and sets the bag down.)

Merry Christmas!  I am wishing the followers and loyal watchers of Senior Channel a very Merry Christmas!

And I know everyone is having a wonderful day, and I just wanted to give everyone watching a very special gift.  Now I have watched this channel for months, and seen people bring many things to hand out to the audience, but until this show, no one has given a gift to everyone, to all the watchers! 

And that is exactly what I am going to do!

On this special day, I give you all the special, magical, delightful gift of......

               (Opens the bag with a flourish, emptying the contents into the air.....and there is ....)

Nothing!  The gift of nothing!

You heard me!  I am giving everyone the gift that requires no place to put, no extra weight to burn off, no phony smile and certainly....no thank you note!

Ingenious, isn't it?  I have praying for people to give me this very gift since I was 70 years old, but too many ignore my request.

I am a very lucky person, I have everything I need and much more than I ever expected, so nothing is exactly the gift that I prefer!

It is a gift that keeps giving - and just like the commercials I try to avoid - it saves me time!  And a great deal of energy, it's certainly one size fits all, and the best part, it costs absolutely....nothing!

So, I share this gift with all of you.....my friends, in the hope that this gift will spread like the warm cranberry jam my mother used to make on Christmas Day, delicious, sweet,  remembered by all who received it.  Because when I do not have to worry about more stuff.....I can truly appreciate all I have!

Now, for all who want something physical....., I do not in any way want you to be unsatisfied - from what I see in stores, and on TV, on the Internet, there are plenty of items available for you all! It is just that I, at this time in my life, prefer the gift of....nothing!

And, in the spirit of the holiday,  I am sharing it....with you!

           (He turns to leave, stops and turns back)

And I am hoping, too, that if you still want to give me a gift, and I hope you do, because giving is wonderful!  Please give my gift to someone who needs it, to children who have no toys, to those who have no home, to those who need someone to care, to help......so that my nothing, will become something....something good......Have a wonderful, giving holiday!
------------------------------------------------


Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
www.JanetSTiger.weebly.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8



No comments: