Sunday, September 27, 2015

Monologue Mania Day #593 Decisions, Decisions (for Celebrity) by Janet S. Tiger Sept. 27, 2015

Welcome to Monologue Mania- one new free monologue a day- for a whole year-and still going!
                                                                    first year -  Feb. 13, 2014 - Feb. 13, 2015
I've continued with a monologue a day until the spirit moves me to stop, so if you have any ideas for a monologue you want me to write, please let me know at tigerteam1@gmail.com.
If you just started this blog and want to read the earlier monologues-
     To start at the beginning - Feb. 13, - 
click here.
     For a list of the blurbs from each day, 
click here  There are now over 590!
 
Get  more great  award-winning monologues - 
MonologueZone.com

 If you'd like to write your own monologues, I happen to have a book for that -
            How to Write a Monologue in 10 Easy Lessons (Well, maybe not so easy)
Thank you for your comments - and for liking and sharing this site.  Wishing you much success!    
--------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Monologue Mania Day #593 Decisions, Decisions (for Celebrity)  by Janet S. Tiger  Sept. 27, 2015

           Other monologues from Celebrity on Day # 229,  281
This is a duo, but has a couple of potential monologues - one for Savannah, the other for Blake


                                        Decisions, Decisions
                                                 (for Celebrity)
                                             by Janet S. Tiger
                                           © all rights reserved                                               
                                           tigerteam1@gmail.com
       
        (Savannah enters, she is in her late 20s, the woman Monte was talking to in the monologues on Day 229 and 281.  She comes through a door, turns on lights, finally noticing her boyfriend Blake sitting on the sofa, just staring at her.  She has a Southern accent, but he does not.  Hers can slip a little - it's not real)

SAVANNAH-  What're you doing sittin' in the dark?

BLAKE  - It's a metaphor.

SAVANNAH-  Oh, clever, I just love when you get all intellectual on me.

BLAKE -  It means you're keeping me in the dark.

SAVANNAH - Or that you're too stupid to turn on the lights?

         (He stands up, goes over to her to light her cigarette)

SAVANNAH -  You're just gonna ignore that?

BLAKE -  I think you may have forgotten we're not in public right now, and Monte has this place swept for bugs every day or two, so you don't have to pretend we broke up....or is it not pretending any more?

SAVANNAH -  Oh, cut it out, Blake, I'm tired.....and we have to talk about somethin' important.

BLAKE -  Do tell.

SAVANNAH -  (Annoyed)  I dunno why you're bein' like this, I mean, you are makin' good money workin' for Logan, it looks like the movie deal will include you as my driver......

BLAKE -  And Logan, your public boyfriend, will get to wonder if you still have a thing for me.....

SAVANNAH -  That's the way it works, honey, and it is workin'.....

BLAKE -  Will you make him jealous enough to marry you?

SAVANNAH -  That could be in the plot line.....

BLAKE -  Or maybe you get pregnant first.....

SAVANNAH -  (Surprised)  Where'd you hear that one?

BLAKE -  You forget I'm the only straight male member of Logan's entourage, and the other boys just LOVE to gossip!

SAVANNAH - He wasn't supposed to tell anyone!  Monte will be furious!

BLAKE - Unless Monte told him to drop a hint or two.....by the way, I'm curious, exactly how will you get pregnant?  Private clinic, turkey baster?

SAVANNAH -  Don't be so crude!

BLAKE -  It can't be the usual way.....or is Logan really the greatest actor in the world?

SAVANNAH -  Well, now that you have brought up the topic, what do you think about a baby?

BLAKE - (Amazed, sputtering)   I can't believe it!  Are you asking me.....asking if we.....I mean....that I should get you pregnant?

SAVANNAH -  Well, God knows you love to practice, so it shouldn't be that difficult.....it would just mean forgettin' my pill, or maybe takin an antibiotic.....happens to people all the time....

BLAKE -  (Horrified)  And you would do what?  Pretend it was his?  Have him marry you and raise it as his?

SAVANNAH - Only for a little while!  Just until I had a solid hit.....and some extra money in the bank, because Monte's not sure how people would take a scandal like this.....we have to be careful....

BLAKE -  And that's all that concerns you?  The fact that you might have a baby with the wrong father, and be raising that baby for what, a year, two years, three?  Until he's in school?  And then reveal that I'm the daddy?  And that all this was just a sham?  Or by then will Logan have a new love to prove he's straight, so you and I could live off the settlement?  Do you even hear what this is doing to you? And what about the poor baby?  Have you given one minute of thought to what doing this would mean to your....OUR...baby?   My God!  It's like a...a nightmare!

SAVANNAH -  (Annoyed)  Are you jokin'?  You seem to be so worried about a baby, that's not the way you acted two years ago when I was....... late.  As I recall, you were sweatin' for the money to get rid of it.....well, my baby is gonna have money, and a daddy who loves him, and no worries about gettin' kicked outta cheap motels 'cause we didn't get paid for some gig in a stinkin' bar!

And don't dare act all high 'n mighty with me, Mr. Big Shot!  You knew what we were gettin' into a year ago, when Monte came to our room, and you heard money jinglin' in your pockets!  What the hell did you think he was talkin' about then?  Some other people?  He was talkin' about us!  And you are here for the ride, my friend.......or are you still my friend?  Can I count on you?

         (She stares at him as the scene fades into a magazine headline with Savannah's face on it and the words - Savannah pregnant!  Logan plans surprise wedding in Hawaii!)

           End of scene.

---------------------------------------------------------------

The two monologues taken from this would be -
-------------------------------------------------
Blake's monologue  -

BLAKE -  And that's all that concerns you?  The fact that you might have a baby with the wrong father, and be raising that baby for what, a year, two years, three?  Until he's in school?  And then reveal that I'm the daddy?  And that all this was just a sham?  Or by then will Logan have a new love to prove he's straight, so you and I could live off the settlement?  Do you even hear what this is doing to you? And what about the poor baby?  Have you given one minute of thought to what doing this would mean to your....OUR...baby?   My God!  It's like a...a nightmare!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 and

Savannah's monologue  -

SAVANNAH -  (Annoyed)  Are you jokin'?  You seem to be so worried about a baby, that's not the way you acted two years ago when I was....... late.  As I recall, you were sweatin' for the money to get rid of it.....well, my baby is gonna have money, and a daddy who loves him, and no worries about gettin' kicked outta cheap motels 'cause we didn't get paid for some gig in a stinkin' bar!

And don't dare act all high 'n mighty with me, Mr. Big Shot!  You knew what we were gettin' into a year ago, when Monte came to our room, and you heard money jinglin' in your pockets!  What the hell did you think he was talkin' about then?  Some other people?  He was talkin' about us!  And you are here for the ride, my friend.......or are you still my friend?  Can I count on you?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



--------------------------------
Janet S. Tiger    858-736-6315
JanetSTigerMonologueMania.blogspot.com
Member Dramatists Guild since 1983
Playwright-in-Residence
Swedenborg Hall 2006-8










No comments: